Greater Lynn Senior Services, Inc. (GLSS), 8 Silsbee Street, Lynn, MA 01901 is a non-profit organization dedicated to building healthy and more livable communities, where critical home and community-based services and supports are fully accessible to older adults, people living with disabilities, and their caregivers. GLSS serves more than 4,000 people every day. We are designated by the Massachusetts Office of Elder Affairs (EOEA) as an Aging Services Access Point (ASAP) to provide certain Home Care services to elders living in Lynn, Lynnfield, Nahant, Saugus and Swampscott.
We value our relationship with our carefully selected provider network. The philosophy of GLSS procurement is to provide superior service to our consumers and build solid relationships with our providers. GLSS continually assesses our existing provider network and consumer base to determine our needs. We believe in being able to offer our provider network a sufficient number of cases to cover their business needs and costs.
We are currently closed to contracting.
The next re-contracting period will begin in 2023.
For the contracting period commencing in 2023, GLSS will have standard rates for all Homemaker/Personal Care, Supportive Home Care Aide, and Companion services.
The below steps were used in 2020. These steps may be different in 2023.
Steps to Producing a Bid
During the open Request for Proposal (RFP) Process, we invite proposals from Homemaker/PC and Non-Homemaker organizations who want to contract for the provision of any of the services listed below. Proposals will be evaluated based on past performance, financial and technical resources, cost, quality of proposed services, ability to meet service needs in the city and towns we service, and agency need. We reserve the right to negotiate with the applicant, any item(s) contained in the proposal(s). Minority Business Enterprises (MBEs) and Women Business Enterprises (WBEs), are encouraged to apply.
To submit a bid to Greater Lynn Senior Services, please follow the steps below.
All forms must be type-written
Click here for the Contracting Checklist, which includes # of copies required for each document
If a contract is awarded, additional forms for the MassHealth Frail Elder Waiver will need to be filled out unless Provider has already met this requirement and can produce approval letter.
Please provide the following policies with your submission:
- Personnel Policies, including supervision, annual performance evaluation, work rules, training, etc.
- Conflict of Interest
- Privacy & Confidentiality/HIPAA
- Non Discrimination in employment and service delivery
- 105 CMR 155.00, including the procedure for the reporting of suspected abuse, neglect, mistreatment or misappropriation of property.
- 105 CMR 155.00, including the procedure on the required DPH registry check (Homemaker Agencies, Home Health Agencies, and Skilled Nursing Facilities only
- MassHealth All Provider Bulletin 196: The Office of the Inspector General’s (OIG) List of Excluded Individuals and Entities
- GSA/SAM exclusion list
- CORI (PI-09-19)
- Reportable Incidents/Emergencies in the Home
- Consumer Not at Home
- Theft, Loss, or Damage to Consumer Property
- Service Priority for High Risk Consumers (PI-11-06) (Homemaker and Home Health Agencies only)
- Prohibitions on Fees and Gratuities
- Shopping/Money Handling (Homemaker and Home Health Agencies, Companion Providers, Grocery Shopping Providers)
- Written Information Security Plan (WISP)
- Affirmative Action
- Working with Subcontractors
Please provide the service specific administrative overviews relevant to your bid:
- GLSS is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. GLSS strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- GLSS complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.