Throughout our service area, you will find places to enjoy a healthy, affordable meal, usually located within a local senior center or housing site. These Community Cafés provide an opportunity for you to:
· Get together with your friends
· Meet new people
· Have a reason to go out
· Enjoy a hot, nutritious meal at a reasonable price
· Stretch your budget
· Maybe play a game of cards or Bingo afterwards.
Meal sites are closed on the following holidays:
· New Year’s Day (January 1)
· Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)
· Presidents’ Day (3rd Monday in February)
· Memorial Day (last Monday in May)
· Juneteenth (June 19)
· Independence Day (July 4th)
· Labor Day (1st Monday in September)
· Columbus Day (2nd Monday in October)
· Veterans’ Day (November 11)
· Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
· Christmas Day (December 25)
You can view the Monthly Congregate Menu in pdf form.
Meals are provided at some senior housing sites and at your local senior center. For more information, contact your community’s council on aging for site information, hours of operation, and bad weather closings.
· Lynn Council on Aging: 781-598-4000
· Lynnfield Council on Aging: 781-598-1078
· Nahant Council on Aging: 781-581-7557
· Saugus Council on Aging: 781-231-4178
· Swampscott Council on Aging: 781-596-8866
Transportation to some sites can be arranged. Call your nearest site for details.