Join Nesterly and turn your spare room into monthly income!
To help get the word out about this exciting program, GLSS is teaming up with Nesterly, a company that facilitates intergenerational homesharing arrangements, matching homeowners who have spare rooms to rent with students in need of affordable housing.
Nesterly has been operating in Boston for a few years and has recently begun working with YearUp, a one year education and internship program for students at North Shore Community College.
If you are a Lynn or Swampscott homeowner who could use some extra income as well as household support provided by a Nesterly guest, consider signing up for this program.
What’s in it for the homeowner?
• Trustworthy tenant – Nesterly does background checks and helps develop tenant contracts
• Monthly rental income (around $500) – all financial transactions are handled by Nesterly
• Help around the home – tenants can get a discount on their rent if they provide household assistance such as shoveling snow, taking out the trash, carrying in groceries, etc.
• Companionship – daily interactions with a tenant can help with the social isolation an older homeowner may experience.
• Have a spare room and access to a bathroom (bathroom can be shared)
• Live in Lynn or Swampscott
• Note that there is NOT an age requirement for the homeowners
If you have a spare room at home and are interested in renting to a North Shore Community College student, contact Yasmel Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (781) 599-0110.