Is someone you know:
- 60 years old or over; and
- Receiving care at home or in the community; and
- Seeking help for a problem with his or her care?
CALL: 1 800-AGE-INFO (1-800-243-4636) Prompt #5 for complaints
Complaint Resolution through Education and Mediation
The Commonwealth of Massachusetts Executive Office of Elder Affairs (www.800ageinfo.com)
The Community Care Ombudsman Program assists elders who seek help for problems with health or social services received at home or in the community including home health care, homemaker services and adult day care.
The Community Care Ombudsman:
- Responds to inquiries from elders and their families
- Educates consumers about their rights and responsibilities
- Counsels consumers about concerns with their services
- Refers consumers to appropriate sources for help
- Investigates and resolves complaints through mediation