We help seniors find good housing they can afford through several programs:
- Our housing coordinator works to help eligible seniors find subsidized housing and to relocate elders who have been displaced.
- We help elders in jeopardy of losing their homes.
- If you live in subsidized senior housing in Lynn (Caggiano Plaza or McGee House) or Saugus housing (Laurel Towers, Laurel Gardens, or Sweetser Corner), there’s help available 24 hours a day. Services available to all residents free of charge include:
- Emergency assistance 24 hours a day.
- A daily meal served in the dining room.
- Medication reminders.
- Help obtaining the government benefits and community resources you’re entitled to.
- Social activities.
- The services listed above (with the exception of 24-hour-a-day assistance) are also available at Olive Street, a small shared living environment in Lynn, which offers independent living arrangements while also providing opportunities for group social and dining activities. This program is a joint effort of GLSS and the Lynn Housing Authority.
- GLSS also provides 24-hour staffing at St. Theresa House, an affordable housing facility for frail elders in need of a supportive housing environment, in Lynn. St. Theresa House is a joint effort of St. Mary’s Parish, Maloney Properties, All Care Resources, Lynn Economic Opportunity, and GLSS. This facility is funded through grants from local, state, and federal housing agencies.
- Through our homeless elders/housing advocacy program, GLSS provides a hot breakfast, health monitoring, and intensive case managment support to elders without permanent housing on weekday mornings in the Lynn Senior Center located at 8 Silsbee Street.
For information on these and other housing programs and services, call GLSS Information and Referral: 781-599-0110.
The various Supportive Housing programs are cooperative efforts of Greater Lynn Senior Services, Lynn Housing Authority, Saugus Housing Authority, and All Care Resources and VNA.