Are you caring for an aging parent or spouse? A grandchild? Or are you an elder caring for a child with disabilities?
Caregiving can turn your life upside down. We’ll help you get it right again.
Caregiving could be one of the most important things you ever do. It can be challenging and rewarding—and often frustrating.
The Family Caregiver Support and Elder Care Advisor programs work together to provide the support and services you need.
These are some of the services we provide:
• Assistance in finding respite care to give yourself “time off” from your caregiving responsibilities
• In-home assessments to help you determine how much and what kinds of care are needed
• Information about the resources available and referrals to the specific services and programs
that meet your needs
• Counseling and support groups to help you cope with the stress, worry, and loneliness that caregivers often experience
• Education and training in the skills that caregiving requires.
If you’re a caregiver, you are not alone. Did you know...
• One quarter of American families, roughly 54 million people, care for an older family member, an adult child with disabilities or a friend.
• Nearly 44% of all caregivers are men.
• More than one in three caregivers live with the care recipient.
• More than half the family caregivers are between the ages of 35 and 64—struggling to balance work, children and caregiving.
Ask for the Caregiver Specialist or the Elder Care Advisor to assist you in accessing the services you need.