Provide safe and efficient transportation services for Seniors and people living with disabilities. Escorts consumers to and from pick up and destination. Drivers are assigned to drive vans or sedans based upon personal preference and comfort. Assists consumers up and down one stair or curb. Assists consumers in wheelchairs with up to four parcels. Handles emergency situations involving consumers. Must abide by Agency operating policies as well as contractual policies and practices.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Valid Massachusetts Driver's License which includes a clean driving record, a minimum of five (5) years U.S. driving experience and no surcharge-able accidents in the past three (3) years.
- No DUIs, OUIs or DWIs.
- GLSS’s pre-employment conditions include passing a basic English reading and writing test, drug test, CORI background check and DOT physical.
- Available and able to work weekends and holidays.
- Sensitivity to the needs of Seniors and people living with disabilities.
- Must drive in all service areas including Boston and surrounding communities.
- Ability and willingness to drive all hours of the day and in all types of weather conditions is a requirement.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Ability to work within a union environment.
- Certified in First Aid specializing in adult, child and infant CPR. If not currently certified, able to acquire certification.